Posted: Monday, Feb 26th, 2018
Calling all mermaid and merman lovers to Ventura Harbor!
blog by Ventura Harbor Village
From nautical finds to coastal décor, fashion and artwork inspired by the sea, Ventura Harbor Village pays homage to the mermaid in all of us during its mermaid celebration from March 1st through March 31st, 2018. Head over to Ventura Harbor for their third annual month-long seaside celebration of mermaids!
Life advice from a mermaid
- Get your tail to the beach
- Be shore of yourself
- Make waves
- Catch a sea breeze
- Avoid pier pressure
- Always sea life’s beauty
- Come out of your shell
- Take time to coast
- Experience interactive mermaid encounters on March 10th from 1:00-4:00pm (crafts, treats, mermaid fashions and more)
- Attend the mermaid parade and meet and greet on March 24th from 1:00-4:00pm (mermaid costumes encouraged!)
- Take your shot at the Mermaid Curse Escape Room (60 minutes of problem-solving, shipwrecked fun, $25 per person Monday through Thursday from 11am-5pm, use code ‘MERMAIDLOVE’ to book online)
- Try fish-shaped waffle cones at Coastal Cone Ice Cream (choose from a variety of flavors, toppings, and fillings to customize your very own delectable treat. There’s also the Sea Salt Turtle Sundae or Mystical Mermaid Dole Whip)
You can search the waters wide, but you’ll never find mermaid merchandise more amazing than what is offered at Ventura Harbor Village. Shop for the latest mermaid fashion, jewelry, towels, bathing suits, socks, hats, and more.
- Mermaid wine-glass painting class with wine & cheese at Copa Cubana (Wednesdays, 5:00-7:00pm, $30 per person)
- Mermaid painting demos (Wednesdays, 12:00-2:00pm), coloring sheets (Saturdays, 12:00-4:00pm), and custom portraits at Mermaid Gallery
- Ceramic artists demonstrating clay mermaid-themed projects at Ventura County Potters Guild (Saturdays, 1:00-3:30pm)
- Sea-themed bracelet-making at Harbor Village Gallery & Gifts (March 17th, 12:00-3:00pm)
- ‘Paint a Mermaid’ with watercolor artist Lorna Amundson at Harbor Village Gallery & Gifts (March 28th, 11:00am-3:00pm)
- Mermaid goodies (stamps, stickers, tattoos) and an entry to win a big raffle with every mermaid sock purchase at Lost in Sockson (March 24th, 4:00pm)
- Whale-watching trip with Island Packers
Special sales and culinary delights
- 10-50% off on jewelry at Treasure Cove
- Spend $50 at Ventura Swimwear and receive a FREE Mermaid gift (while supplies last)
- Buy one, get one half-price on all Graphic T’s at Barefoot Boutique
- Mermaid Matcha Tea Latte at Coffee Dock & Post
- Famous fish and chips and handcrafted clam chowder
Stay tuned to Ventura Harbor Village for additional mermaid fun!