by Ventura Harbor Village
Ahoy, all you landlubbers and buccaneers – head to Ventura Harbor Village for a newly designed pop-up pirate experience at the 13th Annual Pirates Day on Sunday, June 10th from 11:00 am – 4:00 pm. Pirates Day 2018 offers guests an unforgettable voyage around the Village as the “Streets of Port Royal” with pirate characters, entertainment, activities, and photo opportunities around every corner.
For one day only, Ventura Harbor Village transforms into the “Streets of Port Royal”. Venture along the waterfront to find pirates in sword fights by professional Pirates for Hire, mermaids, treasure, exotic birds, live entertainment, rum drinks, and pirate eats. Keep an eye out for Reece Ryan’s on-land Kids Pirate Ship, Captain Jack, Hook & Tink (look-a-likes), belly dancing, and strolling pirate musicians. Take an exclusive look inside the underwater Mermaid Curse Ultimate Escape Room. Visit Port Royal Privateers’ historical encampment, unique vendor booths for face painting and henna body art or find precious wares, such nautical-themed loot. Unique selfie spots everywhere you turn!
Everyone is encouraged to come dressed in their best pirate garb! Strut in the Pirates Day costume contests held throughout the day for different age brackets. Pirates up to 12 years old partake in the Kids Treasure Hunt ($3) and free craft activities provided by Macaroni Kid, Lakeshore Learning, Harbor Village Gallery & Gifts, and VC Potter’s Guild. Adults participate in the new Pieces of 8 Scavenger Hunt for a grand prize and coveted title of Pirate King of Port Royal!
For grog and grub, Village restaurants offer a variety of cuisine for hungry crews; including roasted turkey legs and rum specials. Live entertainment will range from Steel Drummers to the Sword Coast Medieval Fighters Club. Ventura Harbor Pirates Day gives you a chance to get in your best piratical gear and wander by the sea to interact with pirates and gypsies of all ages.
Ventura Harbor Village shops, restaurants, and boutiques, stars in their own right, are providing a host of creative Pirate themed activities, eats, and drinks:
- 805 Bar & Copa Cubana: Grab a Grog of “Pirates Brew” made with Bacardi Oak Heart Rum. Keep the mug!
- Barefoot Boutique: 10% off everything if you are in a Pirate Costume | Graphic Tees Buy One Get One 50% off.
- Beach Break Surf Shop: Free Pirate Prize Giveaways in-store while supplies last.
- Boatyard Pub: Indulge like a Pirate in Boatyard Pub’s famous Giant Smoked Turkey Leg & Roasted Corn – Argh!
- Casa de Regalos: Authentic Ventura merchandise including cool Pirate T’s for sale.
- Coastal Cone: Delicious pirate treats offered for a limited time including Goldenyaki- Pineapple Dole Whip with Nuts, Strawberry Tart Filling paired with Signature Golden Fish Taiyaki Cone |
- Shipwreck Sundae- Blackbeard’s Secret Sundae made with Pralines & Pecan Ice Cream, Chocolate Chip Cookie Crumbles, Hot Fudge, Caramel, and a Cherry on Top | Voyager Cookie Shake-
- Pirate’s Favorite Milkshake infused with Vanilla and Oreos.
- Coffee Dock & Post: Purchase a Scavenger Cup to dig for buried treasure – find a gold coin to get a special prize!
- Harbor Village Gallery & Gifts: Piratey crafts for kids – Come make yer own Pirate Hat, Eye Patch, and Toy Ships.
- Lost in Socks: Pirate Tattoos and Raffle Pirate Prizes. Enter raffle by making a purchase, winners chosen at 4 pm.
- Mermaid Gallery: Mermaid poster sale and free mermaid coloring sheets for the kiddos.
- The Greek Mediterranean Steak & Seafood: Pancakes with the Pirates from 9:30-10:30 am before the event begins! $10+ person.
- The Parlor: Special Pirate East including Shipdogs- 100% Beef Hot Dogs in a Pirate’s Boat | Dead Man’s Chicken Fingers- Crispy Golden Chicken Tenders with a shipload of Fries | Sharkbait
- Fish Burger- Firstmate’s Famous Fish Burger on a Golden Brioche Bun with Crispy Cod and Tartar Sauce.
- Treasure Cove: Pirate Pencils and Pirate Ring Giveaways while supplies last.
- Ultimate Escape Rooms: Take an exclusive look inside the underwater Mermaid Curse Escape Room from 11am-4pm and join in the Pieces of 8 Scavenger Hunt for ages 13+.
- VC Potters Guild: Kids partake in crafting handmade Clay Pirate Medallions and Necklaces (while supplies last).
- Ventura Boat Rentals: Pirates are called to the SEA! Grab yer ticket for the 40-min Argghbor Boat Tour at 1 PM, 3 PM and 5 PM to enjoy Pirate Punch (adult beverages) and seek out more pirate souvenirs!
- Ventura Swimwear: Free Pirate bracelet for Pirates in costume or with a $25 purchase while supplies last.
- Village Carousel & Arcade: $2 carousel rides for Pirates in costume.
Admission and parking for Pirates Day are free. We recommend you catch the Downtown – Harbor Trolley for a FREE ride to Pirates Day. Don’t miss this treasure-trove of excitement by the sea!
For a full list of shopping & dining specials and entertainment schedule please visit Ventura Harbor Village, or call (805) 477-0470.