Posted: Tuesday, Mar 7th, 2017
21 fun & (mostly) free things to do at Ventura Harbor
- Free daily entrance to the Channel Islands National Park visitor center 7 days a week.
- Walk the harbor promenade from Channel Islands National Park Visitor Center around the marina to harbor hotels.
- Free beach parking & harbor village parking.
- Fly a kite at Surfer’s Knoll or Harbor Cove beaches.
- Capture the moment at 5 photo boards on the village promenade.
- Take souvenir photos at the village arcade photo booth.
- Stroll the Saturday morning fish market (fish pier in front of Andria’s Seafood Restaurant & Market).
- Bask in the winter sun on the harbor beaches.
- Search for sea glass.
- View through the telescopes to watch the seals play from the village promenade.
- Enjoy an ice cream in a freshly baked waffle cone at Coastal Cone.
- Learn nautical knot tying.
- Rent kayaks, stand-up paddleboards, or pedal boats from Ventura Boat Rentals.
- Watch the free film “treasures of the sea” narrated by Kevin Costner in the Channel Islands National Park Visitor Center theater (show times daily).
- See fish aquarium with local species at the Channel Islands National Park Visitor Center.
- Bird-watch along the promenade.
- Embark on 40-minute harbor cruise to explore the water & wildlife (Ventura Boat Rentals $10 & under).
- Be a kid! Play a round of skee-ball or air hockey at the village arcade.
- Ride the village carousel or grab some homemade fudge, candy or salt water taffy.
- Treat yourself to a keepsake, jewelry or beachwear at unique shops.
- Pick up a piece of art at our 5 art galleries in harbor village for under $10.
Get to know Ventura, and discover the best things to do around the city.
5 Ways to Vacay Seaside
What Can I Do in Ventura for Free?￼
Six Fun Free Things to do in Ventura
Perfect Weekend Itinerary at Ventura Harbor Village
Ventura Harbor Village Offers Things to Do by the Beach