Posted: Tuesday, Mar 7th, 2017
21 fun & (mostly) free things to do at Ventura Harbor
- Free daily entrance to the Channel Islands National Park visitor center 7 days a week.
- Walk the harbor promenade from Channel Islands National Park Visitor Center around the marina to harbor hotels.
- Free beach parking & harbor village parking.
- Fly a kite at Surfer’s Knoll or Harbor Cove beaches.
- Capture the moment at 5 photo boards on the village promenade.
- Take souvenir photos at the village arcade photo booth.
- Stroll the Saturday morning fish market (fish pier in front of Andria’s Seafood Restaurant & Market).
- Bask in the winter sun on the harbor beaches.
- Search for sea glass.
- View through the telescopes to watch the seals play from the village promenade.
- Enjoy an ice cream in a freshly baked waffle cone at Coastal Cone.
- Learn nautical knot tying.
- Rent kayaks, stand-up paddleboards, or pedal boats from Ventura Boat Rentals.
- Watch the free film “treasures of the sea” narrated by Kevin Costner in the Channel Islands National Park Visitor Center theater (show times daily).
- See fish aquarium with local species at the Channel Islands National Park Visitor Center.
- Bird-watch along the promenade.
- Embark on 40-minute harbor cruise to explore the water & wildlife (Ventura Boat Rentals $10 & under).
- Be a kid! Play a round of skee-ball or air hockey at the village arcade.
- Ride the village carousel or grab some homemade fudge, candy or salt water taffy.
- Treat yourself to a keepsake, jewelry or beachwear at unique shops.
- Pick up a piece of art at our 5 art galleries in harbor village for under $10.
Get to know Ventura, and discover the best things to do around the city.
10 Tips to Safely Visit Seaside Ventura Harbor Village
Six Fun Free Things to do in Ventura
5 Ways to Vacay Seaside
Ventura Harbor Village Offers Things to Do by the Beach
Perfect Weekend Itinerary at Ventura Harbor Village