by Visit Ventura
Images provided by the Ventura County Fair
The timeless poetry of the Ventura County Fair returns (July 31st through August 11th) to the Ventura County Fairgrounds. Carousel kisses, exhibits (art to agriculture), concerts (Styx to Daughtry), professional rodeo, 4-H livestock, rainbow fireworks, the smells of fried dough and cinnamon, hand-holding under the stars, happy shrieks and memories made on the sea breeze.
Give us an F…
… for Free concerts.
The likes of Styx, Daughtry, the X Ambassadors, the Ohio Players, and Collective Soul, and a host of local artist, free with the price of Fair admission.
Give us an A …
… for Agriculture.
Its roots run deep in Ventura County. And Animals. There’s 4-H. Pig races. Professional rodeo. All of it swept by cool ocean Air …
Give us an I …
… for Interesting.
It’s a fascinating life, and the Fair (almost) covers it all. Photo exhibits, agriculture exhibits, floriculture exhibits, art (amateur and professional), hobbies, home arts; all of it in one place. All of it by Ventura County residents.
Give us an R…
… for Retro.
Perhaps you remember a fair from your childhood. Remember the magic? Well, really, you’re still a child. Realize too, that the Fair has a long and storied history; dating back to 1875, when the offerings consisted of horse races and evening gala balls.
Give us an M…
… for Military Appreciation Day.
On Thursday, August 8th all military personnel holding a current, valid military I.D. will be admitted free. Thank you for your service!
Give us an A…
… for other special Admissions, you should know about…
- Dollar Day is Wednesday, July 31; admission to the Fair is, yep, $1 until 3PM.
- “Feed the Need” Food Drive, Thursday, August 1. Purchase your adult admission ticket and bring 5 cans of food for Food Share before 3 PM and get a free return Fair ticket (valid Monday-Thursday, August 5-8).
- Youth Day, Friday, August 2; Kids 12 and under get in free all day.
- Seniors & Persons with Disabilities Day; Tuesday, August 6- Seniors & Persons with Disability get in free. August 6 is also Early Bird Day; gates open at 10 AM (normal opening is 11 AM)
- $3 Before 3 Day’; Wednesday, August 7; arrive before 3 PM and admission is only $3.
- Military Appreciation Day; Thursday, August 8, military with valid ID get in free all-day
- Carnival Wristband Days; Thursday, August 1, Monday, August 5, Tuesday, August 6, Thursday, August 8. Wristbands are sold until 6 PM for $35. Good for unlimited Carnival Rides until 7 PM
Give us a G…
… for Grandstand Concerts.
Here’s the full schedule…
- Styx (Wednesday, July 31 @ 7:30 PM)
- Martina McBride (Thursday, August 1 @ 7:30PM)
- Melissa Etheridge (Friday, August 2 @ 7:30PM)
- The Ohio Players with special guests The Emotions and Evelyn “Champagne” King (Saturday, August 3 @ 7:30PM)
- Banda Carnaval, Luis Coronel, Cuarto de Milla (Sunday, August 4 @ 3:00 PM)
- X Ambassadors (Monday, August 5 @ 7:30 PM)
- Tommy James and the Shondells (Tuesday, August 6 @ 1:00 PM)
- Brothers Osborne (Tuesday, August 6 @ 7:30 PM)
- Daughtry (Wednesday, August 7 @ 7:30 PM)
- George Thorogood and the Destroyers (Thursday, August 8 @ 7:30 PM)
- Collective Soul (Friday, August 9 @ 7:30 PM)
- PRCA Rodeo (Saturday, August 10 and Sunday, August 11 @ 2:00 and 7:00 PM)
Give us an I…
… for Intelligent choices in parking…
Yep, there’s parking at the Fair, but not that much, so the lot in front of the Fairgrounds fills up fast ($15.00 per vehicle) — and traffic anywhere near the Fairgrounds can make rush hour L.A. look like a country road (the Fair attracts roughly 300,000 folks each year). Precisely why there’s free shuttle service (and free parking at the locations) every day during the Fair from 10:30 AM until 11:00 PM at these locations. The shuttles run every 15-20 minutes, and they’re handicap accessible …
- County Government Center off Telephone Road in Ventura, in Lot E and Lot F
- Ventura High School Larrabee lots off Poli Street in Ventura
- Pacific View Mall in Ventura
- VUSD Parking Lot, W. Stanley Ave at Hwy 33
- Oxnard Performing Arts Center on Hobson Way in Oxnard
- Harbor Boulevard @ Schooner Drive in Ventura
- State Beach Parking Lot ($10 parking fee)
- Marriott Ventura Beach ($8 parking fee)
Give us a C…
…. For Cash.
As in save lots. Buy your tickets ahead of the Fair (up until July 30) online, or at the Fairgrounds box office (for box office hours check here), and the Ventura Visitors Center (101 South California Street; $3 service fee).
Here’s what you’re looking at for presale…
- Adult Age 13 – 64 (Good for one entry) $11.00
- Senior Age 65 and up (Good for one entry) $8.00
- Child Age 12 and under (Good for one entry) $8.00
- WOW Pass (Good for one admission each day of the Fair) $42.00
You can also purchase Carnival wristbands, saving money on rides…