Posted: Monday, Sep 24th, 2018
Car-Free Ventura: A bike is all you need for a fun day in Ventura
By Chanhee Kang
It is fun to dive into a bike ride with a cool breeze and sunshine along the beach in Ventura. Before your bike ride, stop by Marie Shannon Confections where you can get a variety of bagels perfect with a cup of coffee any time. A variety of bikes for rent are waiting for you at Ventura Bike Depot including electric bikes, and premium road bikes! If you don’t want to take a long ride, I recommend the route along the Ventura Beach Bike trail. If you are on a family trip, why not take a surrey?
- Ventura Beach Bike Trail: It is fun to ride a bicycle along the beach in Ventura. The endless beach make your mind and body feel refreshed!
- Coastal Trail: Follow the coastal path to Carpinteria. Admire the beach and beautiful hills. Enjoy lunch and beer at Island Brewing Company.
- Ojai Trail: Catch classic California scenery and the scent of trees along this ride. (Grab some sandwiches from Paradise Pantry Sandwiches and go there!!)
For the best cycling experience, follow these safety tips from The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (nhtsa.gov):
- Wear a helmet.
- Follow the rules of the road
- Plan your route.
- Be predictable.
- Share the road.
- Ride a bike that fits you.
- Be visible.
- Stay focused and alert.
When you return to Ventura, enjoy eating at any restaurant that serves delicious dinners! See downtown decorated with pretty small lights.
Images by Visit Ventura and Steve Cattanach.