Posted: Monday, Sep 24th, 2018
Car-Free Ventura: A bike is all you need for a fun day in Ventura
By Chanhee KangIt is fun to dive into a bike ride with a cool breeze and sunshine along the beach in Ventura. Before your bike ride, stop by Marie Shannon Confections where you can get a variety of bagels perfect with a cup of coffee any time. A variety of bikes for rent are waiting for you at Ventura Bike Depot including electric bikes, and premium road bikes! If you don’t want to take a long ride, I recommend the route along the Ventura Beach Bike trail. If you are on a family trip, why not take a surrey?
- Ventura Beach Bike Trail: It is fun to ride a bicycle along the beach in Ventura. The endless beach make your mind and body feel refreshed!
- Coastal Trail: Follow the coastal path to Carpinteria. Admire the beach and beautiful hills. Enjoy lunch and beer at Island Brewing Company.
- Ojai Trail: Catch classic California scenery and the scent of trees along this ride. (Grab some sandwiches from Paradise Pantry Sandwiches and go there!!)
- Wear a helmet.
- Follow the rules of the road
- Plan your route.
- Be predictable.
- Share the road.
- Ride a bike that fits you.
- Be visible.
- Stay focused and alert.
Get to know Ventura, and discover the best things to do around the city.
Family Fun Seeker Itinerary Builder: Places to Go, Things to Do, Events and City Parks
Top Bike Trails in Ventura
Hiking at Channel Islands National Park
Ventura Beaches and Surfing
Thirteen Reasons Why Ventura Is the Perfect Road Trip Stop