Posted: Monday, Sep 24th, 2018
Car-Free Ventura: A bike is all you need for a fun day in Ventura
By Chanhee KangIt is fun to dive into a bike ride with a cool breeze and sunshine along the beach in Ventura. Before your bike ride, stop by Marie Shannon Confections where you can get a variety of bagels perfect with a cup of coffee any time. A variety of bikes for rent are waiting for you at Ventura Bike Depot including electric bikes, and premium road bikes! If you don’t want to take a long ride, I recommend the route along the Ventura Beach Bike trail. If you are on a family trip, why not take a surrey?
- Ventura Beach Bike Trail: It is fun to ride a bicycle along the beach in Ventura. The endless beach make your mind and body feel refreshed!
- Coastal Trail: Follow the coastal path to Carpinteria. Admire the beach and beautiful hills. Enjoy lunch and beer at Island Brewing Company.
- Ojai Trail: Catch classic California scenery and the scent of trees along this ride. (Grab some sandwiches from Paradise Pantry Sandwiches and go there!!)
- Wear a helmet.
- Follow the rules of the road
- Plan your route.
- Be predictable.
- Share the road.
- Ride a bike that fits you.
- Be visible.
- Stay focused and alert.
Get to know Ventura, and discover the best things to do around the city.
Family Fun Seeker Itinerary Builder: Places to Go, Things to Do, Events and City Parks
Top Bike Trails in Ventura
Hiking at Channel Islands National Park
Ventura Beaches and Surfing