We are so happy you’re here.
29 years of Gordon Research Conferences in Ventura and counting -that’s something to celebrate. Thousands of scientists from around the world descend on our small piece of paradise on California’s Central Coast leading to thousands of after-conference happy hours and beach sunsets; thousands of whale watching and island wildlife cruises; thousands of craft brews and fish tacos.
Over the years, you have contributed millions of dollars into Ventura’s economy and helped us sustain our beach town charm by supporting small businesses, environmental conservation efforts, and cultural preservation of sites like our 236-year-old Mission San Buenaventura in Ventura’s historic downtown. We’re grateful! And we want to offer you something special in return.
GRC VIP Program
This year, Visit Ventura is bringing partners together for a GRC VIP program that provides special offers for all GRC participants from January through March 2019 -29 special offers on your 29th year! All you have to do is bring your GRC conference badge with you. Show it at any of the venues listed below to receive their special offer.
We hope this makes you feel extra welcome and allows you to explore some hidden gems you may not have heard of. Remember to use #VisitVentura to share your Ventura experience with us!
Food and Drink
1. Wine is the best way to unwind. Head to Labyrinth Winery for 15% off wine tasting and all wine purchases.
2. Figure out the answer to the next leg of your research with a glass of organic beer in hand. Enjoy 20% off of all beer at Leashless Brewing. With at least 12 beers on tap and live music 3-5 days a week, there is guaranteed to be something to help you figure out life’s most important question. Cheers!
3. Looking to get off the beaten path? Head to Cask Alehouse! Each group of four will receive a FREE appetizer.
4. Everything tastes better with a view of the marina. Head over to The Greek where each group of four will receive a FREE order of Saganaki Flaming Cheese. hummus and warm pita dip.
5. Mexican food more your style? Head over to Margarita Villa where each group of four will receive a FREE order of guacamole, queso dip, and chips.
6. Flying solo? Baja Bay Surf N Taco is happy to give you a FREE 16 oz fountain drink with every meal purchased plus a FREE refill.
7. Two restaurants in one! If you’re a grilled cheese fan, look no further than 805 Bar and Grilled Cheese for a delightful variety of grilled cheese sandwiches. If you’re not, you can also order authentic Cuban Food from their Copa Cubana menu! Enjoy a 10% discount on both menus.
8. Foodies flock to Paradise Pantry where their cheese plates and wine flights are as beautiful as they are tasty. Enjoy 15% off your purchase at their cheese and wine market. (Offer cannot be combined with any other discount.)
9. See the country side of Ventura at Winchester’s Grill and Saloon. Each group of 4 will receive a FREE order of their signature Venison Stuffed Mushrooms.
10. It doesn’t get any better than 2 for 1 wine tasting! Head over to Panaro Brothers and also enjoy a 10% discount on any purchase of art, wine, or accessories.
11. Rhumb Line Restaurant TBD
12. Stop by for burgers and beer at Downtown Ventura’s hottest new concept, Burgerim! With 11 unique patties, 11 fresh toppings, 8 savory sauces and 3 bun options there are over 40 million possibilities for you to indulge in. Upgrade your sodas to an ice cold beer or a hand-made milkshake for FREE with the purchase of two trio combos!
13. Want to try a sip of up to 40 wines? The Cave (at Ventura Wine Company) lets you pre-load a card to serve yourself as much of different wines as you like! They are happy to wave their $5 card fee as well as offer 15% off your food purchase for lunch or dinner.
Activities and Attractions
14. What better souvenir than something creative, unique, and tied to a fun memory? Red Brick Gallery is offering 2 for 1 watercolor or acrylic painting classes. *Must be used by 2 people in the same class, good for any Watercolor Classes with Phyllis or Acrylic Classes with Jen.
15. There’s nothing like being on the water. Sail Channel Islands wants to help make that happen. Enjoy a 20% discount courtesy of Captain Dan! Please contact Captain Dan directly at (805) 750-7828 to reserve your spot at the discounted rate.
16. Explore the extremely practical aspects of physics and biomechanics as you challenge yourself to any aerial, dance, yoga, AIReal Yoga or tumbling class at the Aerial Studio and take 20% off their published rates. Adults and children welcome.
17. The pavilion that houses the Air Force One that served seven presidents from 1973 to 2001, including Presidents Nixon, Carter, Ford, Reagan, George H.W. Bush, Clinton, and George W. Bush, will take your breath away. See it and more at the Ronald Reagan Library with a $5 discount on admission. Book tickets online using promo code GRC VIP. Don’t miss Pompeii: The Exhibition, featuring over 150 authentic artifacts on loan from the renowned Naples National Archaeological Museum in Italy. See original, 2,000-year-old objects that were preserved in the ash including wall-sized frescos, marble and bronze sculptures, jewelry, ancient Roman coins, and full body casts of the volcano’s victims.
18. Treat yourself to an evening of classical music with a 20% discount to any New West Symphony concerts. Use code GRCVIP to book your tickets online. Select the concert you’d like to attend and the seats you’d like to buy, then select check out, enter the discount code, apply, and check out again.
19. Escape rooms are the latest team building trend and they are super fun! If you’ve never tried it, here’s your chance. The Ultimate Escape Rooms is offering admission at $25 per person–35% off! Book a room online with promo code GRC19.
20. One of the best ways to see Ventura is on two wheels! Head over to Ventura Bike Depot for 20% off standard or electric assist bike rentals.
21. Whales! Dolphins! Sea lions! There is so much marine life to see off the coast of Ventura and Island Packers is happy to offer a 3.5-hour whale watching cruise at a special rate of $34 per person. Trips depart at 1:30 pm from Ventura Harbor on Wednesdays and Fridays. Reservations can be made by phone.
22. Love art? Check out the one-of-a-kind pieces handmade by a variety of local artists at Ventura County Potters’ Guild and receive a FREE heart pendant/ornament with any purchase.
23. If you love mermaids and the sea, you’ll want to go shopping at Barefoot Boutique. Enjoy a 10% discount on your purchase.
24. These unique handbags are the perfect accessory to spice up your outfit. Enjoy 20% off at MidiQueen Handbags.
25. Find a variety of gifts at Plum Gifts Boutique and enjoy 20% off your purchase.
26. Whiskey, Bourbon, Cognac, Brandy -try a variety of world-class liquors and olive oils for free at vomFASS. Enjoy 10% off any item in the store and a FREE 40ml sample bottle of oil or vinegar.
27. Whether you surf or just love the style, enjoy 10% off your purchase at Walden Surfboards.
28. Don’t miss Very Ventura Gift Shop & Gallery‘s great selection of Ventura souvenirs. Enjoy 10% off purchases of $25 or more and receive a FREE Ventura sticker! (Limit one per purchase. Cannot be combined with any other offers.)
29. Get a FREE Ventura canvas tote bag when you stop by the Visitor Center in downtown Ventura! No strings attached.
Please remember to bring your GRC conference badge with you. Show it at any of the venues listed above to receive their special offer.
To our generous sponsors without whom we could never make this happen.