Serra Cross Park at Grant Park
Offers a spectacular view of the City, the Pacific Ocean and the Channel Islands. In 1782, Franciscan Father Junipero Serra raised a wooden cross on the mountain overlooking his newly established Mission San Buenaventura. Once used as a landmark by mariners at sea, the cross now rests within the 107-acre park. While much of the mountainous terrain is developed, the park features picnic facilities and restrooms.