Posted: Wednesday, Feb 14th, 2018
7 reasons why Surf n’ Suds Beer Festival is the best way to kick off summer.
by Visit Ventura
7. Start Summer EarlyDon’t wait until Memorial Day to kick off summer. This can’t miss beer festival takes place Saturday, May 19, 2018, and features over 50 craft breweries, and over 120 beers on tap! It’s the perfect start to a memorable summer.
6. Hit the BEACHWe dare you to think of a cooler location for a beer festival. Sand and surf on one side, a gorgeous mountain backdrop on the other -San Buenaventura State Beach Park tops our list! Nothing like a sea breeze with a cold craft brew. And when it’s time to move on, you’re within walking distance to restaurants on South Seaward or in Ventura’s historic downtown.
5. More than just beerOkay, we didn’t mean ‘just’ beer -we love beer, but if your palate needs a break from hops, take your pick of ciders and wine. Then head over to the food trucks. We recommend fish tacos. Never a bad choice.
4. After the Smoke Reggae, Crosscut 805, and DJ HecktickThree awesome reasons to grab a beer and head to the stage for live music.
3. BeerYeti says soSurf n’ Suds Beer Festival was voted in the top 10 beer festivals IN THE USA!! by BeerYeti.com.
2. Mega-sized beer pong and corn holeWhat’s the point of drinking without drinking games? A little friendly competition pairs great with any craft brew.
1. Ventura breweries are collaborating on one super special beer for the first time EVER!This year Surf ’n’ Suds will feature a super special collaboration beer made in partnership by Poseidon, Topa Topa and Ventura Coast brewing companies. This will mark the first time the breweries will join forces to create an amazing beer for Surf ’n’ Suds Beer Festival! So take the train, ride your bike and enjoy complimentary bicycle valet service, jump on the Brew Bus from Goleta, Santa Barbara, or Carpinteria, or ride the Downtown Harbor Trolley. VIP tickets are $65 and allow you to enter an hour early, get a souvenir gift, and try selected brews that will not be available during the General Admission Session. General Admission tickets are $50 and include a souvenir glass, and unlimited samples from any of the craft breweries, ciders and wineries on site. Don’t forget sunblock and a hat. Your Sunday self will thank you (a sunburn and a hangover are never a good combination). See you on the sand!
When: Saturday, May 19, 2018 Where: San Buenaventura State Beach Park Tix: VIP $65, general admission $50, designated drivers $20 More info: www.surfbeerfest.com
Get to know Ventura, and discover the best things to do around the city.
Family Fun Seeker Itinerary Builder: Places to Go, Things to Do, Events and City Parks
Annual Ventura Events You Won’t Want to Miss
Ventura Beaches and Surfing
Brewer Sessions with Topa Topa’s Casey Harris
Ventura Has Great Craft Beer. ‘Nuff Said.