Sales & Marketing Assistant
Part time (15-20 hours a week)
September 4, 2018
Vice President of Sales & Marketing
Ventura Visitors & Convention Bureau (VVCB) works diligently to promote the City of Ventura by capturing its spirit and showcasing the city’s best attributes every single day. Specifically, VVCB works to strengthen positive exposure and awareness of the City of Ventura as a convention and visitor destination in hopes of increasing local business revenue and stimulating economic growth and development for the community. It has a growing ability to favorably impact economic development in the City of Ventura, and a commitment to building stronger more diverse partnerships both locally and abroad that celebrate Ventura.
VISIT VENTURA NAMED BEST PLACE TO WORK IN CENTRAL COAST 2018
Visit Ventura is honored to be recognized as one of the best places to work in California’s Central Coast by the Pacific Coast Business Times
The Sales & Marketing Assistant will support the Vice President of Sales & Marketing in promoting Ventura as a premier overnight destination specifically to groups, as well as, overall marketing efforts for Visit Ventura.
This position will work in the meeting sales, travel trade and consumer databases by gathering and importing contacts and leads, tracking progress, adding traces, full-fill service requests and updating reports. The position will respond to event promoters and meeting planners with service requests and track promotional marketing collateral inventory. Along with reporting on sales and marketing efforts, and researching new opportunities.
The Sales & Marketing Assistant will help with the marketing plan specifically for meeting planners and travel trade markets through a content calendar consisting of email newsletters, sales calls and other creative opportunities.
The Sales & Marketing Assistant must have a thorough understanding of Ventura, events and the tourism/hospitality industry.
SALES & MARKETING REQUIREMENTS
- Candidate will be energetic self-starter with good interpersonal and collaborative teamwork skills.
- Candidate must have a positive attitude and be able to understand the big picture while remaining focused on completion of daily details and reports.
- Must have ability to relate positively with coworkers, visitors, city staff, city council and tourism industry partners.
- Experience with Customer Relation Management (CRM) and Email Service Providers (ESP) are a plus. Ventura VCB currently uses Simpleview and Mailchimp.
- Able to identify group and events trends and key opportunities for innovation.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Write and coordinate production of internal and external communication pieces.
- Act as an Ambassador for Ventura
- Support sales and marketing team to make annual goals.
- Write and curate fresh, compelling content, blogs, and articles for newsletters specifically to meeting planners.
- Work closely with VVCB partners to integrate key messaging and content
- Assist staff with RFP’s for services requested
- Proactively seek out sales and service opportunities for VVCB presence and involvement with groups visiting Ventura.
- Assist with organizing for marketing and sales meetings as requested
- Assist with marketing and creating content for meeting planners and sales calls
- Support VP of Sales & Marketing to Assist Sales and Marketing team with coordinating (2) Sales blitzes to drive market annually
- Help plan the Annual Ventura’s Partners meeting
- Identify market segments and meeting planners to connect with in assisting to grow group meetings
- Assist Vice President of Sales & Marketing with site inspections
- Attend community events and partnership meetings as necessary
- Contribute to Ventura VCB Board report along with monthly reporting on Communications and Marketing efforts.
- Work with partners on creating unique experiences for groups
- Provide front desk support when needed, backup for phones and lunch breaks.
- Answer phones, transfer calls, take messages
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them. Please note that the VVCB reserves the right to modify this description as necessary. VVCB is an equal opportunity employer.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, hospitality or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge in google office, CRM and ESP programs.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent analysis, tracking and reporting abilities
- Superb oral and written communications skills
- Available on weekends and evenings as needed
- Valid Driver’s license
- Familiarity with Ventura as a meeting destination
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified applicants are invited to send a resume, cover letter in word doc or PDF format to: info@VisitVenturaCA.com. Please include Sales & Marketing Assistant in the subject line of your email. No walk-ins, phone calls or recruiters.