At Visit Ventura we thrive on creativity, fun, and forget-the-box thinking. Yep, we produce creative collaborations that have won all kinds of awards, including four Adrian golds from Hospitality Sales & Marketing Association International, an award that typically goes to giants like Visit California and Hilton Worldwide. But, just as important, we prop up cardboard cut out photos of ourselves when we were young(er) in fun places, circulate a treasured plastic piggy in random spots, buy spontaneous pizza, and make a habit of recognizing the fine work of our colleagues with, well, creative memes. Yep, we’ve won the Pacific Coast Business Times’ “Central Coast Best Place to Work” four years running, but we don’t believe there’s a secret to it. Awards are nice, but it’s the minutes in our days that matter. Foolish not to make them fun (and wildly creative).
Job Title: Office Administrator
Full-Time position with Benefits after a 90-day review
NATURE AND SCOPE OF THE POSITION:
- Responsible for the day-to-day support & management of the office facility and Visitors Center
- Greet & meet walk-in guests as Ventura Ambassador
- Help guests in person, by phone, and internet (respond to emails w/ questions)
- Responsible for coordinating with managerial staff to support the needs of the office in absence of the President/CEO and also keep President/CEO informed of relevant office issues that arise during his/her absence
- Administration of all activities dealing with human resources, health insurance and retirement accounts including compliance with Visit Ventura policies & procedures
- Administration of all activities dealing with payroll services including accuracy and compliance with Visit Ventura policies and procedures
- Provide Board support by working with the Secretary of the Board and President & CEO to produce minutes of meetings of the Board of Directors and the Executive Committee, and in generating, distributing support materials
- Communicate community feedback from surveys, letters or marketing data as received
- Responsible for providing administrative support to the President/CEO as required and requested
- Serve and support Visit Ventura staff in all areas as requested
- Develop and maintain strong and effective working relationships with city council members, city staff, tourism partners and Visit Ventura staff.
- Communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing
- Work independently in the absence of supervision
- Analyze situations/priorities carefully and adopt appropriate and effective courses of action
- Ability to solve problems using basic mathematics
- Ability to accept criticism; work calmly and effectively in occasionally stressful situations or in emotional face-to-face discussions.
- Stand and walk for extended periods, up to four hours at a time, make frequent repetitive hand movements associated with computer use, occasionally lift objects of 25 to 40 pounds.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit Ventura is an equal opportunity employer. Interested and qualified applicants are invited to send a resume and cover letter in a DOC or PDF format to Michele Foster. Please include “Office Administrator” in the subject line of your email.
No walk-ins, phone calls or recruiters, please.
This position will remain open until it is filled. Visit Ventura reserves the right to modify this description as necessary.
For volunteer opportunities click here