August 14, 2018
Director of Consumer & Leisure Trade
Visit Ventura provides destination marketing and tourism program development and management services supporting the California beach community of 109,000 residents. Visit Ventura is primarily funded under a contractual agreement with the City of Ventura. Visit Ventura is honored to be recognized as one of the best places to work in California’s Central Coast by the Pacific Coast Business Times.
- Responsible for weekend staffing at the Visitor Center along with volunteers that are regularly scheduled
- Manage the weekend volunteers and provide projects when they aren’t busy assisting guests
- Greet and assist walk-in guests as an ambassador for Ventura
- Help guests in person, by phone and over the internet/by email
- Work with CRM Consumer Database
- Work on special projects as assigned by the President/CEO and Director of Consumer & Leisure Trade
- Responsible for Point of Sale (POS) transactions and closing out the system on Saturdays and Sundays
- Work additional days during the week if needed and as available, some Holiday coverage is required
- Assist in office maintenance in coordination with Director of Consumer & Leisure Trade
- Participate and represent Visit Ventura at special events as requested and when needed
- Provide a positive, professional, respectful experience with every interaction
- A minimum of four years of clerical and administrative experience required
- Knowledge of Ventura area and California roads, attractions and transportation
- Retail experience a plus
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them.
- Communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing
- Work independently in the absence of supervision
- Analyze situations/priorities carefully and adopt appropriate and effective courses of action
- Ability to solve problems using basic mathematics
- Ability to accept criticism; work calmly and effectively in occasionally stressful situations or in emotional face-to-face discussions.
- Stand and walk for extended periods, up to four hours at a time, make frequent repetitive hand movements associated with computer use, occasionally lift objects of 25 to 40 pounds.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit Ventura is an equal opportunity employer. Interested and qualified applicants are invited to send a resume and cover letter in a DOC or PDF format to email@example.com. Please include “Visitor Services” in the subject line of your email.
No walk-ins, phone calls or recruiters, please.
This position will remain open until it is filled. Visit Ventura reserves the right to modify this description as necessary.