Crowning the center of the downtown commercial district is this four-storied bank building with elemtns of the Renaissance revival style. The interior is striking with elegant chandeliers, columns and decorative moldings. Built in 1926 by architect H. H. Winner, the building, in its time, was home to six banks. The buildings had the first elevator in Ventura County. Erle Stanley Gardner produced the drafts for his first Perry Mason novels in his second law office above the bank.