Bank of Italy Building
Ventura, CA, 93001
Built in the popular Beaux-Arts style (Italian Renaissance Revival), this 1924 two-story bank was built for John Lagamarisino, Sr. and designed by a top Los Angeles architectural firm, Morgan, Wall and Clements. Marble bas-relief was imported from Italy. Inside the building, finely decorated beams and gold leaf cornices can be seen, but unfortunately, much of the original design was lost when the building was converted in the 1930s.