Ventura is notorious for being a family-friendly city. There’s a ton to do, whether you’re a kid or a kid at heart. Between the Ventura Harbor Village, the beach, activities like bowling, and a handful of playgrounds, your stay as a family will be one to remember.
Village Carousel & Arcade, a hit with the kids
- More than 30 animals
- The only operating full-sized carousel in Ventura County
- A variety of games that reward players with tickets for great prizes
- Have a family ski ball competition or sit down for a round of Deal or No Deal–the arcade has it all!
Coastal Cone, a delicious local ice cream shop with a friendly owner and an abundance of fun flavors
- Try the pineapple dole whips!
Harbor Cruises or Rentals at Ventura Harbor
- Rent kayaks, stand-up paddle boards, or pedal boats and enjoy some time on the water
- Venture to the Ventura keys and the shoreline to discover the coastal area further
- Island Packers leads trip out there, check them out
- Whale watching
- If you can’t make it to the park, head to the Visitor Center for films and intriguing exhibits, including a tank full of real and marvelous creatures
Hit the beach
- Seaside playground
- Wooden pier
- SoCal tacos at Beach House Fish or Beach House Tacos
- Rent bikes at Wheel Fun Rentals, the surreys are always a blast!
- Playground with a giant pirate ship!
- The perfect place to picnic, barbecue, and bask in the sun
Arroyo Verde, Camino Real, and Thille are all parks worth checking out. Arroyo Verde Park offers playgrounds, barbecues, and loads of open space for games. Use the hills for an afternoon of ice blocking or hike the trails for a workout. Camino Real Park also provides playgrounds, as well as a sand volleyball court and tennis courts. Thille Park is an open area with a playground and basketball courts.
In addition to the parks, family fun awaits at the Ventura Aquatic Center. Cool off at the pool during open swim or take a ride down the water slides. If you’d rather stay dry, swing over to Golf N’ Stuff and try your hand at mini golf. Choose between two courses, then hit the Lit’l Indy Raceway or the Bumper Boats.
Buena Lanes is your stop for bowling. Play games, rent shoes, and enjoy a snack. Skating Plus, their next-door neighbor, is an indoor roller skating rink that blasts family-friendly music and offers skate rentals and lockers.
Pet Friendly Businesses