The Elwell house was built in 1892 and belonged to William Elwell and his wife Edel Frieda Tico Elwell, descendants of important California and Yankee families. The house has a medium pitched hip roof with an offset gable end and a bay window. Decorative brackets in sets of three are found under the eaves and the bay window has diamond panes in the upper portion. The front porch features turned columns and saw-tooth molding. An addition was made to the rear of the house for use as offices. This house is in a row of three landmark buildings, which share a rear parking lot. Landmarks #73 and #33 are all restored and used as offices. This is a good example of adaptive reuse.